Sunday 11 March 2012

Bonus post - wot WAS the wotnot?

You may recall a post from a couple of weeks ago...


As I said at the time, "Context is everything". I'd written the Gem down but completely forgotten what the hell we were doing at the time to warrant such a situation.
Since I obviously hadn't a clue, I asked you for some help. Some of you commented on the Gem itself, others on my Facebook page. Also, some of you are either on medication or are in desperate need of some. You see, while one or two of the comments were disappointingly close to the truth,* there were also several that were bordering on inspired lunacy - or even in danger of becoming Gems in their own right.
HolzOnkel, commenting on the Gem itself wins a no-prize and a pat on the back for coming up with the most self-referential possibility - all based upon the tags/labels you'll find on the right of the page.
"Hold on - i need to put my dodgy logic on, or my loopy language will get self-aware."
Also worthy of a no-prize is Scribe, who definitely was trying to create a Gem (and wasn't doing too bad a job of it, to be honest...).
"I need to put my glasses on or my eyes will get dislocated."
Meanwhile, over on Facebook,  Michelle wins a no-prize for persistence and determination to add to the wackiness by posting a number of possibilities. She started slowly...
"I need to put my tea cozy on or my tea will get cold?"
But soon warmed up...
"I need to put my velociraptor on or my egg will get eaten?"
And finally achieved greatness with the frankly suggestive
"I need to put my lingerie or my husband will get none?"
My response to THAT one was "I dunno about that - he might think he's in for some if you DON'T wear it..."

*As I said, the truth behind the wotnots was predictably mundane - "I need to put my shoes on or my feet will get wet." Sharron and Michelle both thought that (or a close variation thereof), while back on the Gem page, Pinkshrimp was of the opinion Julie had been referring to gloves on her hands.
Hm.
I think I preferred hearing a series of 'wotnot's to the truth.
And you know what? I reckon you do too.

2 comments:

  1. and people think I am warped........shakes head sadly

    ReplyDelete
  2. giggle snort! the unfairness of it all yes?

    ReplyDelete