Wednesday 14 March 2012

Spike lacks focus

Yesterday, we presented a Platy-post courtesy of my father from the last time we visited my folks.
Still at my parents' place, we were having a great time. I was grudgingly abstemious, due to the various bits of medication I was taking, but Dad and Julie decided to share a bottle of wine.
Yes, me and Mum were thinking exactly the same.

"Uh-oh."

Dad can hold his drink quite well, but Julie is another matter. We don't have occasion to drink much at home. I'm far more a tea person than anything alcoholic, and Julie seems to have headed that way too, in recent times.
So after a short while, Julie finished her first glass of wine, smacked her lips appreciatively and then after a few moments more, proceeded to look at me oddly. Oddly enough that I was a little discomfited by her suddenly keen, if wavering expression.


There wasn't a lot I could say to that. Dad, on the other hand, nearly fell off his chair he was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment