Wednesday 18 April 2012

Censored comic capers

Hello, and welcome to those of you who have joined us from Odori Park. A couple of weeks ago, as part of my ongoing plan to get everybody into webcomics (whoops, did I say that aloud?), We featured a strip from the aforementioned Odori Park. It was quite popular, according to the site's traffic reports. As was only right and proper, I sent the creator a message to mention that I'd plagiarised (I know, just kidding) his work, and offering him the final say-so on whether it could stay or not.
Well, blow me down.
It only turns out he was pleased as punch to have had this extra publicity and my praise-filled email. So pleased, in fact, that he returned the favour and gave us a hat-tip in the blog section of his webcomic. I was seriously chuffed about that, I can tell you.
Julie, on the other hand, didn't seem to take it quite so well...


This was my reaction.

No. I'm not Xzibit. This was just too perfect to not use.

Well, ok, It was actually more like "Bwahahahahaha!", but you get the idea. Poor Julie. Even before I'd started laughing, she realised just what she had said - to a man who can twist the English language like a pretzel.
"Perhaps I should have phrased that better."
It's possible, love, it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment