Monday 27 May 2013

Friesians on the funny farm (AKA "Old MacDonald had a wotnot")

The other day, I told you how Julie's mouth jumps in before the brain has a chance to react, and I illustrated that with an example where two farm animals were confused (link).

What I didn't tell you, however, was that the theme was continued for the rest of the day, segueing from one bizarre conversation to another, where pigs were apparently fed up with their lot and spent their days masquerading as other animals, and ... no. I think I'll save that one for another day...
You get the point, though.

There are a lot of fields just outside of town, and since it's really low-lying land, pretty dreadful for crops. Enter the cows and sheep.
The sheep must have got wind of our impending arrival, for there was not a one to be seen. Instead, there were just a few cows dotted around the field.*


I'd seen the cows from a distance away, but it seemed Julie was drifting, as she didn't really notice them until we had almost passed them.


Well.. yeah...
Julie explained to me afterwards that she was merely continuing a running gag. Funny - I don't recall one conversation constituting a running gag...
It may not have been - it is now.

I'll tell you what, with all the running gags and in-jokes we have, any passengers in our car are going to be seriously baffled.


*Including one cow that was having some trouble and was instead dotting around the field... ew...

No comments:

Post a Comment